Tuesday, November 24, 2009

BEEP


Have you ever heard of the pets that save their owners' lives. Well, today Winnie thought she was saving my life--I think. It was 9:45am and I was sound asleep cuz I worked last night. Winnie woke me up by acting really weird and scratching on my side of the bed. She has never done that before so I just figured that everyone forgot to put her out to potty. Since she was acting so odd I decided to get up and let her out so we could both get some rest. As soon as I was up, she took off for the front door. I opened it and she ran out. But, instead of running to the side yard to do her stuff she stopped on the sidewalk and looked at me and jumped around. That's when I heard it. BEEP. The sound that a smoke alarm makes when it needs a new battery. BEEP. I thought, that's easy to fix. I looked at the ceiling in the room that I heard it in. No smoke alarm there, and none in the next room either. Must be upstairs, I shut the door that goes up stairs. BEEP. Not coming from up there either. Oh well, I figured that I can just ignore it and get some sleep. I left Winnie back in and tried to have her go into the kitchen so I could sleep. She wouldn't go. BEEP. Forget it, I went to bed. BEEP. I covered my head. More scratching on the side of the bed. BEEP. I knew this was not going to work--what was making that noise. So I followed the beep. Its coming from the room that I started in. BEEP. It's the carbon monoxide detector. Why is that beeping? It's not the alarm on it, not loud enough. BEEP. I pushed the test button and waited. And waited. No BEEP. I went to bed. BEEP!!! Oh no!!!! Why me?! I got up again and called Tibby. Asked him, why would that be beeping? He said to change the battery..oops! Never thought of that--the dang thing is plugged into the wall! I didn't realize that it had batteries too. So, I put in a new one and guess what--NO MORE BEEP!!!! Yes, problem solved, now I can sleep.

I went to bed. Winnie would not leave my room. And as I said before, sometimes the noise from her collar wakes me. But, that was not the problem. It was her BREATH. Gross. I hate dog breath and hers is getting bad with her age. Yeah, she was on the floor, but I could still smell it. "O.M.G.!!! Winnie!! Get out!" But, she would not leave my side of the bed. I rolled over, covered my face, and finally feel asleep. When I woke up she was laying on the floor next to the bed, using my Mickey Mouse slippers as a pillow.

Good Job on saving me today Winnie!!! But do something about that doggie breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment