Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm scared!!!


What if I don't like my new employer? What if I do not care for the people I have to work with? What if they do not care for me? What if I hate the hours?--I already do!!


I will be working the overnight shift, something I have done for years. But, do I like it--NO! Would I rather work days or evenings?-- NO!!


About my co-workers. I don't know them but I might. Does that make any sense to you? After being in business in the area for past years and now the present, I know alot of people but not by their names, only their faces. So, what if when I get to work it is all a bunch of faces that I do not care to work with. What do I do then. I can't do anything cuz Tibby says that I have to like this job. My mommy says I have to like this job. My check book says that I have to like this job.


Also about the residents. Some of them were past customers of ours. Tibby says not to worry about it. Mommy says not to worry about it. My check book doesn't really give a rip. (get it--rip--like you 'rip' out the checks--never mind.) My response to Tibby was, How would you like to wash 'insert name here' bottom area after serving her breakfast for so many years? I think he go my point, but not really.


My job isn't really about washing bottom areas. Alot of people associate with being a CNA. I really don't think about it. I tend to get too emotionally connected to these people. So, since some of the residents already have a place in my heart it will only get worse. Yes, I know I should look at it that I am trying to keep these people happy during their last days. But that is kinda easier said than done.


Well any ways, please wish me luck to night!!!! I will be working from 10 pm to 6:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment