Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthdays and Babies

This past weekend was my dad's birthday. My OLDEST sister's family (all except child #4) and my family took dinner to mom and dad's house to celebrate dad's 74th birthday! Dad had his choice if he wanted to go out for supper or eat in. I think eating in was the best choice since then we could visit and enjoy the little kids.



Since most of my sister's family was there, that meant TWO babies. Anyone that knows me well knows that I LOVE babies. So I got to be a baby hog and most of the time I was there I was holding a baby and watching the entertainment of her oldest two granddaughters. Even though it was very enjoyable it also made me feel old. My two nieces did most of the cleanup and us older generation got to rest.



It is bitter sweet to see my nieces and nephews growing up and become parents themselves. It seems like only yesterday that they were the entertainment in the middle of the living room floor.

1 comment:

  1. yeah I know I just read on Anna's facebook that Jesse is 30! Yikes. I am not too far behind.

    ReplyDelete